We know that pets come in all shapes and sizes, so we are happy to treat exotics pets. In addition to cats and dogs, we also treat reptiles and exotic companion mammals.
Our team is highly trained and educated when it comes to caring for exotic pets, so you can rest assured that your exotic pet is in good hands. We have a special knowledge and expertise when it comes to exotic pets, so give us a call today if you are looking for an exotic pet veterinarian in Indianapolis!
Whether they have fur or scales we’re here to help, heal, and educate. With all pets but especially exotic pets, proper husbandry is essential to prevent disease. Please be prepared to tell us:
- What and how much your pet is eating (esp. brand names)
- What type of bedding/substrate you use
- The size and style of your pet’s enclosure
- If your pet has contact with other animals
- What type of lighting, heating, and supplements you are using if your pet is a reptile
Since we live in a digital era: pictures &/or videos can be helpful to have for your appointment. Please contact us today if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
- Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians – Established by veterinarians interested in advancing the veterinary care of ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice and other exotic companion mammals.
- House Rabbit Society – The House Rabbit Society (HRS) is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization that rescues rabbits and educates the public on rabbit care and behavior.
- The American Ferret Association, Inc. – Provides constant and up-to-date information about veterinarians, legislative activities, medical developments, research data, rescue shelters and other information of interest to ferret fanciers everywhere.
- Local rescue organizations: Adopt, Don’t Shop! Indiana House Rabbit Society
- Exotic Animal Rescue and Pet Sanctuary
- Five Point Ferret Refuge